Message from CEO Mark Thompson
Fairchild Semiconductor is the leading supplier of power semiconductors to the world. By nature, our products optimize system power thereby helping our customers and end-product consumers reduce energy consumption and reduce their global environmental footprint. Energy efficiency is our business. We are dedicated to protecting the environment, providing a safe and healthy workplace, and utilizing industry leading manufacturing practices for environmental responsibility and sustainability.
Mark Thompson - President and CEO
Fairchild Products that Drive Energy Efficiency
Environmental concerns are driving the need for lead-free devices and Green manufacturing processes. The products you receive from Fairchild Semiconductor are compliant with RoHS and lead-free requirements, and meet environmental, health and safety standards. Our Green manufacturing processes ensure the products you order also contribute to a Greener environment.
What's Fairchild doing to reduce energy consumption?
- Installed variable speed motors, shut off equipment when not in use, timers on lights, utilize on-demand heating and cooling, modified temperature sensors in office buildings, installed sky lights, installed CFL/LFL light bulbs in buildings
- Using 1000 blocks of 100kwh per month of wind energy at our Utah facility
- Philippines site reduced energy consumption by 40.8 percent from 1998 – 2007
- Internet Technology/Servers
- Replacing and consolidating servers as their serviceable life ends with newer, smaller and more energy-efficient servers
- Reduced power consumption by 43 percent between 2004 to 2007
- Water usage
- Monitor and record the rates of water usage on a site-by-site basis
- Reduced water usage by over 53 million gallons from 2000 through 2007
- Recycled non-hazardous material
- 2000 through 2007 = 38,676 tons
Energy and Environmental Design
Fairchild Semiconductor's Energy and Environmental Design Team is chartered to identify energy-conservation projects at its major manufacturing sites worldwide. This meets on a regular basis to share best practices and suggestions on fostering corporate responsibility, reducing operating costs through energy conservation and reducing the impact on the climate.