Seamless Power Management and Battery Switching with IntelliMAX™
Fairchild Semiconductor's IntelliMAX family of advanced load management switches help designers increase system protection and reduce complexity in their designs while achieving greater system power and reliability. With features such as slew rate control to prevent inrush currents, over-current limit and thermal shutdown protection, reverse current blocking and low operating input voltage, six new IntelliMAX smart load switches address the dynamic power challenges of light industrial applications with one-chip, off-the-shelf solutions that reduce component counts and increase efficiency.
The FPF1039 and FPF1048 switches demonstrate low ON-resistance for power path management and exceptionally low shutdown current drain to help facilitate compliance in low-standby power applications such as smart devices and portable storage devices that require a high current capability.
The FPF1039 and FPF1048 switches offer:
- True Reverse Current Blocking (TRCB) function (FPF1048B) obstructs unwanted reverse current
- Input voltage ranges support a wide range of applications
- Low-shutdown current drain facilitates compliance in low-standby power applications
The FPF1320 and FPF1321 switches perform seamless power-source transitions between two input power rails using the SEL pin with advanced break-before-make operation. These devices are designed to interface directly with low-voltage control signal general purpose input output (GIPO) applications and wireless charging applications with a dual-input single-output (DISO) load switch.
The FPF1320 and FPF1321 switches offer:
- Advanced break-before-make operation enables seamless power-source transitions between two input power rails
- Low input voltage range allows direct interface and aligns easily with the requirements of low-voltage portable device power rails
- Slew-rate-controlled turn-on characteristic prevents inrush current and the resulting excessive voltage droop on the power rails
The FPF2165R and FPF2195 switches are full-function load switches with adjustable current limits, making them well suited for applications with physical connectors like USB and HDMI™ devices that may encounter large current conditions.
The FPF2165R and FPF2195 switches offer:
- Constant-current mode protects against current damage and maintains limited current after a current limit fault
- Reverse current blocking prevents unwanted reverse current when the device is turned off
- Thermal shutdown protection prevents damage to the part when a continuous over-current condition causes excessive heating
- Media tablets
- Mobile handsets
- Wireless LAN card & Broadband access
- PMP/MP3 player
- Storage & peripherals
- Other wired communications